Throughout the yuletide season, Epcot’s World Showcase Pavilions host an international Christmas experience. Not only can Guests experience a sampling of everyday life in each nation presented, but during Holidays Around the World, they are also treated to a delightful array of costuming, lore, and legend.
Festive decorations adorn the 1.2 mile-long concourse, enhancing the beauty of what is already an alluring sight. Each Pavilion offers authentic delights in keeping with each country’s customs. However, décor is not all there is to admire. Come, stroll along with us and have a holly, jolly holiday like none you’ve had before.
Let’s pause and listen to storytellers share tales of this joyous time and discover how children all over the globe celebrate this time of year:
- Father Christmas shares tales about two holiday traditions that began in the United Kingdom: decorating with boughs of holly and sending Christmas cards.
- Father Christmas also visits France, but here he is known as Père Noël. Sample one of his favorite French treats, the Buche de Noël, a dessert cake decorated to look like a Yule log.
- In Italy it is thegood Christmas witch La Befana who delivers treats to bene i bambini.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus meet and greet nice little boys and girls at the The American Adventure, and are eager to hear their wishlists.
- Helga shares the tale of her first Nutcracker in the Germany Pavilion.
- Celebrations like Ramadan, Chinese New Year, Kwanzaa, and Hanukkah are showcased around the promenade as well.
A beautiful holiday tradition takes place nightly at the America Gardens Theater, the Candlelight Processional. This renowned event retells the story of Christmas and features celebrity narrators, a mass choir and a 50-piece live orchestra. Actress Geena Davis opened the celebration on November 23, 2012. A star-studded lineup is scheduled throughout the month of December, which includes such personalities as Neil Patrick Harris, Jodi Benson, and Marlee Matlin, among others. (See below for tentative schedule.) Performances are included with Epcot admission; however, Guests are advised to arrive early to ensure a seat. Dinner packages are available and include reservations at select Epcot restaurants, a special spot for fireworks viewing and guaranteed seating for the performance.
Epcot Candlelight Processional Nov. 23-Dec. 30, 2012
- Nov. 23 – 25 Geena Davis
- Nov. 26 – 29 Neil Patrick Harris
- Nov. 30 – Dec. 1 Whoopi Goldberg
- Dec. 2 – 4 Andy Garcia
- Dec. 5 – 7 Blair Underwood
- Dec. 8 & 9 James Denton
- Dec. 10 – 13 Jodi Benson
- Dec. 14 -16 Lea Salonga
- Dec. 17 – 19 TBA
- Dec. 20 – 22 Trace Adkins
- Dec. 23 – 25 Gary Sinise
- Dec. 26 – 28 Amy Grant
- Dec. 29 – 30 Marlee Matlin / Jack Jason
As darkness descends upon the Park, The Lights of Winter guide Guests from Future World to the World Showcase with dazzling synchronized displays that twinkle to holiday music. The evening is capped with a special message of good will as the spectacular IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks, laser, and water show lights up the sky. The thrilling display draws each evening to a close with a special musical finale set to the song “Let There Be Peace on Earth.”
We at Mouskejournals wish you and your families the happiest of holidays and a very magical new year!
All photos © Disney Parks